Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself

Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself
The purpose of studying Buddhism is not to study Buddhism. It is to study ourselves.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fabulous


Saw this at a bus stop on my way home from meeting S. for coffee.  Actually, a mocha, and the best damned mocha to be had in this town.  At my favorite spot, the Naked Lounge.  When I put my 'date' with S. on my calendar it reads, "S. Naked. 11 a.m."   Hmmm...what would people think?

Actually one of my sisters was hoping it was a prospective boyfriend, but no, S. is gay, married, happily so.  And I haven't swung that way in 23 years.  I guess the family is hoping for me to hook up with someone.  They don't care which gender, they just want me to find someone wealthy.  Me, I want someone HEALTHY.  That's a lot better than money, honey.  That's about as fabulous as it gets.