Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself

Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself
The purpose of studying Buddhism is not to study Buddhism. It is to study ourselves.

Friday, May 04, 2012

It's a Bird! It's a Plane!



Have you heard the story of the mini-van sized meteor hitting the earth near Sacramento?  It landed in a little area called Lotus, and Coloma.  It happened on April 22 -- the day I just happened to be there, in Coloma, site-seeing with a friend.  We had a lovely picnic lunch, apparently in the general vicinity of where the fire ball struck.  We hadn't a clue.  It happened around 8 a.m. and we were there a few hours later.

NASA has been looking in the area to find pieces, and they have.  The scientists are very excited to analyze the material, and believe it is much older than the planets.  Yesterday they took a tour of the area in an actual airship that is based down at Moffit Field.  It's crazy.  Again, I missed the site of the airship sailing overhead.  I guess I need to look up more often.



Happy Friday!