![]() |
| Alice Nadine Tilley, photographed by her Auntie Lou, 1910 |
ramblings, photography, poems, queer agenda, politics, food, love and all the rest
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Babies
Hanging out with my grandson is awesome. It's hard work, but still awesome. (What am I? A teenager?) I'm having all kinds of flashbacks to when my daughter was a tiny babe. Which of course leads me to ponder the generations....and so, here, my friends, is my paternal grandmother as an infant. Just look at those eyes, will you? And that mouth? Is she the cutest thing ever?
Nadine, as she was called, was born in Marshall County, Kansas. She wound up in San Diego CA, living a life much more sophisticated than her humble origins would have predicted. She died on Christmas eve in 1997, from pneumonia. I still miss her. She was a beautiful baby, and a beautiful woman.
