Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself

Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself
The purpose of studying Buddhism is not to study Buddhism. It is to study ourselves.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dear Mr. President

Goddammit we did not re-elect you to be Boehner's bitch.  I can't believe the concessions you are making to avoid the fiscal cliff.  Robert Reich's Facebook post tells the story.

I sent you an email tonight, telling you to hang tough and to protect the middle class.  That's why we re-elected you.  Maybe I'll call the White House as well -- in fact, I will.   I'd rather we go off the fiscal cliff than whittle away at the expiration of tax cuts for the wealthiest, and to further tax the middle class with payroll taxes, and to agree to cap Social Security for crying out loud.  What is wrong with you, sir?  Hope and Change -- that's what you ran on.  Please, for the love of gawd, give us some of that good stuff.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family.