Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself

Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself
The purpose of studying Buddhism is not to study Buddhism. It is to study ourselves.

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Moving On

Here a Chez Crowley, we were split when it came to the Presidential race.  Two of us are very despondent over the President's win, while I, couldn't be happier.  I'm not throwing it in their face, but the folks are now ragging on about how this country is really go to go into the crapper now.  I have to listen to this when I am upstairs in their space.  Consequently, I'm not spending a lot of time there.

photo from SF Chronicle

Meanwhile, our favorite grocery, Raley's/Nob Hill is on strike and dad's going shopping there tomorrow.  I told him I would not cross a picket line.  He is looking forward to crossing it -- he blames unions for most of our ills, and certainly for the President's re-election.  I just hope he stays safe and keeps off the local news.  He's hot under the collar right now and I wouldn't put it past him to say something inflammatory to the picketers. 

 I sure wish I had the ability to wipe their memories and re-install some compassion and progressive thinking.  Sigh.