I just had a little late-night facebook chat with my sister who lives 2 states away. I, suffering insomnia AGAIN, and she, returning from a dance. Who's got the better deal, here?
My other sister is away on multiple business trips...checking in on FB so we know her whereabouts. This crazy Facebook things is -- well -- crazy!
I am grateful that I have two sisters whom I respect and enjoy. As I age, I understand the rarity of this. Of course we are quite different people who have made very different choices in our lives, but finally we have given up the rivalry bit in favor of the comradely bit, and we're all the better for it. They are my rock. They have my back. That's just about the best feeling in the world.
We see each other with all our shared history, and we talk in shorthand because we know so much. They are a comfort to me, and a window onto my past. I'm guessing that they will be profoundly important to my future as well, and me, theirs.
Here's to you, sisters!