Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself

Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself
The purpose of studying Buddhism is not to study Buddhism. It is to study ourselves.

Friday, July 13, 2012

The Power of Vulnerability

I found a blog late last night as I was 'google-ing' "love poems of Pablo Neruda."  Yes, it was another insomniac night.  Anyway, my point here is not to bemoan my lack of sleep, but instead to celebrate quite a find (for me) in this TED talk.  I don't know about you, but I've heard some brilliant ideas expressed at these talks, and I love to listen when I am in the mood.  This particular talk feels heaven sent (if I can guess there is a heaven-like place or state of mind or....).  Why?  Because just this very topic, these ideas, have been in my face as I enter a new love relationship.  When you have time, and are in the mood, take a listen to this delightful, funny, intelligent researcher (you'll get the joke if you listen).  And I would love to know how you respond to her story.  It seems to me to be the most important story we could hear today. 



Have a fabulous weekend -- you are worthy of it!