Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself

Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself
The purpose of studying Buddhism is not to study Buddhism. It is to study ourselves.

Friday, April 06, 2012

Good Knee News

Finally, some good damn news on my on-going arthritic knee: no surgery in the near future.  A month ago I had gel injected into the joint to lubricate it and to stop the grinding of bone on bone.  So far, so good.  I met with the doc today and he agrees that if I'm getting significant relief, then we wait and see.  I can get another gel injection in 6 months.

The FDA will only approve one gel injection every six months, which is odd since it is a natural substance.  My doc can inject cortisone every freaking day if we want, that's okay with the FDA.  But the cortisone no longer works for me and the gel does.  Way to go, FDA.

My walking is no longer followed by the need to ice the knee.  The knee hurt some when we were moving a few weeks ago, but that's par for the course.

Tonight I'm going out to hear some live music, and who knows, maybe dance a little with my date.   

Whatever you're doing this day, hope you have a good one, and a great weekend!