Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself

Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself
The purpose of studying Buddhism is not to study Buddhism. It is to study ourselves.

Sunday, February 05, 2012

The End of Illness

I just download this book on my Kindle.  Some interesting and novel information for wellness.  I'll let you know what I find.



I've heard, for years, that the body's inflammatory process is very damaging and that we should do what we can to control it.  Makes me think twice about the constant inflammation my damaged knee causes, and leads me to yet another reason why I need a joint replacement.

Look up inflammatory foods on the internet.  Ok, I've got a lot of revamping to do.  Anti-inflammatory foods include all the goodies we know we should be eating: dark green leafy veg, yams, blueberries,  fish, almonds and walnuts.

I don't want to become a kook about all of this, but I do wonder how I can incorporate this information into my daily living.  The doc even stresses about keeping a regular meal and sleep schedule to reduce stress and inflammation.  Eat and sleep at the same time each day.  Hmmm.

If you're reading the book, I'd love to know what you think.