If you had told me the stock market would have its most volatile week in decades, I would not have believed you -- we were supposed to be out of the recession, remember?
If you had told me that California would still not have resolved the question of same-sex marriage by August 2011, I would have said you were cynical. Likewise, if you had told me New York state would legalize same sex marriage in a year I would have thought you were wildly optimistic.
Or that I would finally meet with an old friend from high school that I hadn't seen in 30 years....
Or that mom would suffer another debilitating fall and surgery to repair her broken hip....
I guess this is just all to say how unpredictable life is; how "the best laid plans of mice and men" are shot out right from under our feet.
What, in (insert your Deity or lack thereof here) name is going to transpire by next August? Only time will tell.