ramblings, photography, poems, queer agenda, politics, food, love and all the rest
Friday, June 17, 2011
The Life!
My bobble head Obama and my purple Buddha got me in the right mood to hit the road. With my new CD of Walking Spanish blasting away, I was flying free and ready for some fun!
There were great clouds to the north east and this photo doesn't begin to do the scene justice.
The bums made me a great grilled pizza dinner, and later will all fell asleep to the sounds of crickets and frogs singing their sweet night songs.
Morning came on strong with blazing sun on the deck and some great shade-grown organic coffee provided by my excellent hosts.
We took a morning hike through the woods, Roger picking up bird feathers for me to stick into my hat band. Robin spotted a baby deer and got a great shot of it. Go to her blog, she'll probably have it posted soon.
I tooled on down the road to Auburn in the late afternoon to catch a free concert at the Auburn Regional Park. Mumbo Gumbo opened the show and they were fantastic -- the sheer exuberance of their music blew me away. I even got up and danced with these creaky old lungs of mine.
I ate chicken tacos and had an ice cold beer and the weather was perfect. I met up with two friends from Downiville (1.5 hours up the road). Great American Taxi was the second band, and while good, the sun was setting and it was time to be getting home. The drive down highway 80 with the windows wide open and the wind in my hair (and a great jazz radio station playing) made the perfect ending to my trip. It was sheer joy, my friends. All of it.
Wa-Hoo!


