Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself

Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself
The purpose of studying Buddhism is not to study Buddhism. It is to study ourselves.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Just Another Tuesday

I had a 2 hour acupuncture session with 2 interns at Five Branches this morning. WOW. I'm going back later in the week, and once next week. It's been awhile since I've been needled (in this particular way) and my body was highly reactive to the insertion of needles. It doesn't hurt, actually, but there is an intense electrical pulse and buzz that gets a'going.

For the past 2 days I've done without vicodin, just staying with the anti-inflammatories. I am coming out of the fog of pain and back into the world. I look around in amazement and wonder where the heck did I go? Deep down into pain. My dreams began to get violent, with wild animals' jaws snapping at my face.

Last evening I puttered in the garden, cleaning up clippings and cuttings, and watering plants and lawns. It was a perfectly mild night with birds singing and a refreshing breeze blowing across the top of my head.

And to think I got through it without the use of this product