
photo from Lisa's Kitchen
From Margo Moon's interview with Melissa Etheridge: I think one of the greatest moments in our history was when we rose up as a people and pushed through our fear of racism and those dark days that I know I grew up in, that we were able to elect a man of mixed-race heritage and it was a beautiful moment to see us do that. But when it comes down to who is running the country, you could put anyone in the Oval Office and it doesn’t matter, because the multi-national corporations have run off with our government. The only way we can get back on the right track is if we come together and say, “Enough, enough. We’re not going to sell our souls and our bodies to corporations.”
I was thinking a lot of my friend Laurette last night. Then it hit me: it's been a year since her passing. Weird how stuff like that happens....I'll raise my martini glass to her this evening.
I was thinking a lot of my friend Laurette last night. Then it hit me: it's been a year since her passing. Weird how stuff like that happens....I'll raise my martini glass to her this evening.