


This post from Mammamolina is a year old. I don't recall how I got to her post...wait, oh yeah, blogher, which is Soccer Mom. In any case, I felt compelled to address her fear and loathing of homosexuals. She writes:
"When it comes to business, I lean more towards a laissez faire approach. I think generally consumers are most effective when they speak with their pocket-books.
Although few long term boycotts have not been that effective. I do, however, think this idea just might work.
Apparently Walmart has decided to throw support behind some homosexual causes. In fact, 5% of the online sales the day after Thanksgiving will be donated to the Washington DC Community Center for Gay, Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender People. I shop at Walmart a lot (A LOT!) and am very disappointed they've decided to make such a bold statement in support of a group of people that have defined themselves by abominable and destructive sexual behavior. I certainly will not be shopping online or at their store the weekend following Thanksgiving.
What I'm hoping we will be able to do is throw some support of our own behind some of the great family-owned, Christian homeschooling companies this year. Here's a few links to some of my favorite ones if you'd like to check them out.
http://rainbowresource.com/index.php?sid=1149535501-1828587
(They give free shipping on orders of $150 or more)"
Uh, "rainbowresource?" Sounds gay to me!
My response to this post, "I don't shop Walmart on principle...I abhor the wanton consumerism of cheap products from China. Hope you didn't purchase an Aqua Dots there!
As to Walmart supporting causes you don't approve of, I hope that through prayer you may find peace in your heart to accept your gay brothers and sisters, who are - btw - also God's children.
Blessings."
Here's this 'good christian woman' spreading hate and intolerance. We need more authentically good christian people speaking up in favor of true christian values. Amen.