Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself

Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself
The purpose of studying Buddhism is not to study Buddhism. It is to study ourselves.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A New Blog is Launched


Am I out of control? I dunno. RA and I were talking about all the great photography out there, and especially the things we've seen on the internet and blogs. It's true. We are well populated by extremely talented people. So why in the hell would I put my stuff out there? Because, well, it's my stuff. I am having such a fine time with digital photography. A little history: my BA from university was in ART. I worked for a few years as a color printer and did my black and white work on the side. Sold some, not much, but some. Entered some juried shows. Had good showings. Then the "real world" took over: work, marriage, divorce, single parenthood. You know the story. So, RA, based on our conversation, and something a friend said to me today (thanks Margy) I started a photo blog. I may experience blog burn-out, but I envision a photo blog as a place for me to play and go wild -- and to get feedback. Not compliments (although that's nice, too) to stroke my ego, but critique and feedback, the sharing of ideas. Stop on by.