Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself

Shunryu Suzuki: Study Yourself
The purpose of studying Buddhism is not to study Buddhism. It is to study ourselves.

Monday, May 29, 2006

I have nothing of worth to say about Memorial Day. It is profoundly sad to me. Instead, I turn to my blogging buddies for insight and inspiration of another sort. My wanderings this morning took me to a photo site that really got me excited: outafocus...the blurred reality of susan burnstine. The work is ethereal, dreamlike, evocative, other-worldly.


This is her "Sitting on a Cloud." I think it's stunning. Also, her "Bridge to Nowhere" just brought me (figuratively) to my knees. This is the power of art, of the artist. To capture ideas in the form of images and hold them up for us to see and feel. A tip o' the hat to all you artists out there -- you really do enrich our lives by doing what you love.