Another week kicked in the guts. A short one, as weeks go. I look forward to weekends when the missus is home and not pulling those 12 hour night shifts at the hospital. She grills a mean fillet minon -- and salmon. Tonight the YD is going to a school dance, and the OD going with friends to see some live theater at our local actors studio. So...the moms are home grilling beef and puttin' up our feet.The scene repeated many times over, in countless backyards across town, the county, the state - the country. We love our barbeque! It's especially nice on warm days like this one, and you don't have to heat up the house by cooking inside. I'm sure I could look up the statistics on how many bags of charcoal briquettes are sold each year....or the environmental effects.
But right now, I'm focused on a great steak coming my way sometime in the next hour....just enough time for me to make a martini and get that lil' gin buzz. Sometimes, at work, when all hell is breaking loose, this is what I look forward to: the weekend. And what a perfect way to begin....