I have an appointment with my primary care physician this afternoon. Either put me in the hospital and manage my pain effectively, or I will go postal on somebody.
Here's our health care system: I have an acute, on-going headache for 9 days but I can't get in to see a neurologist until October 18th. I think the only way to by-pass this delay is to be admitted to the hospital. So that's what I'm going to ask my doc to do today. Get me some on-going serious pain relief and get me a thorough assessment by a neurologist, for crying out loud.
I have been treated with acupuncture, anti-inflammatories, pain killers, pot, cranial sacral therapy, ice, heat, sleeping pills, oxygen, tordol, dilaudid and imitrex. The most successful was dilaudid. Can I get some of that to take home with me? Dunno. I shall ask.
Are you sick of this story? Yeah, well, so am I.
