

Tonight: Da Prom. The last one for my daughter. The All-School Prom, where people dress up funky as opposed to "dress to impress." I didn't understand this concept, so when I first saw her hair-do, I confess a little gasp escaped me! And, the dress, well, I was square enough to ask if it was a dress or a slip. Boy am I outta da loop. N bought her some very pretty diamond earrings for graduation, and gave them to her tonight for the dance. She loves them. Hell, I love 'em --my next task is to pry them out of her ears one night while she's sleeping so I can wear them.
I made dinner for the kids: a gourmet feast of hotdogs and chips (hey, I was a short order cook tonight, and I served what the customers wanted). I ate my twice baked potato with pesto chicken. N. had to run off to work.
Now I can play photoshop for the next couple of hours with the new prom pictures -- oh yeah, there's plenty more where that came from. I think some of them will be relegated to RA's second string and I can pull them out later for blogging.
Did you go to your high school prom(s)? I did mine, though it was sort of a joke. We were ultra hippies and we glammed up completely (1974 and 1975) -- sort of an 'in drag' kind of thing. My senior prom was at the country club at Pebble Beach (yeah, that one) and I believe we tripped around some sand pits near hole 4 at one point. I dunno, it was a long time ago and I was intoxicated. Just a little.
I'd love to hear your prom stories!